7 Tips to help you with your bookkeeping!
- Have 12 envelopes or a 12 pocket concertina file to put your purchase invoices in….one for each month
- Any purchase receipt that is not clear, write a note on it so you don’t forget
- Keep unpaid sales invoices separate from paid, so you can ensure none get missed
- Keep a separate bank account for all business transactions
- Reconcile your bank account on a regular basis
- If you are a limited company you only need an accountant to sign off the final accounts, a bookkeeper will do the bookkeeping much cheaper (check us out for great rates!!)
- Complete your bookkeeping regularly (at least monthly if not weekly) to ensure you don’t miss anything